Oxlip Wood children’s activities terms and conditions
We try to keep our terms and conditions straightforward. We hope you will agree that what we set out here provides clear guidelines of what you can expect from us and what we, in return, expect from you.
Payment for sessions
Payment in advance by BACS transfer or cheque is required.
Cancellation by Forest School
- Forest School sessions carry on in all weathers, excepting those.considered to pose an adverse risk, such as high winds or thunderstorms. In such an event the session will be rearranged.
- If the Forest School Leader has to cancel due to illness or unforeseen circumstances then the session will be rearranged.
Cancellation by Parent
Cancellation with expectation of a refund for a booking must be made at least 24 hours before the designated session, to allow enough time for others on the waiting list to be given the opportunity to attend. NB There are no refunds given for individual sessions missed during a series, in respect of Oxlip Owls or Forest School.
Medical, Activities and Photography consent Forms
These must be completed, signed and returned at least 48 hours before the commencement of the Forest School session(s) for which you have booked. We also require any changes to information submitted on our medical/consent forms to be shared with us, for the comfort and safety of all attendees.
If your child requires any of the above, as documented on the Medical conditions form, then the medication must be brought to the Forest School session for use in case of an emergency by a First Aider or Medical Emergency personnel. NB If a child arrives for a Forest School session without his/her emergency medication then the Forest School Leader reserves the right to refuse entry to the session (for the protection of both child and Forest School Leader/staff/volunteers)
Knowing what kit is the right kit for Forest School
“There’s no such thing as bad weather, just poor kit”
Suitable clothing, for the environment and the weather are really important. The following has been prepared as a checklist to help you prepare your child for his/her Forest School experience.
- Long sleeved T-Shirt or shirt
- Fleecy top or jumper
- Long trousers
- Socks that stay up inside Wellington boots
- Wellington boots or waterproof shoes/boots
- Waterproof coat
- Short sleeved T-shirts (bare arms can get stung by nettles)
- Shorts (bare kegs cab be scratched and stung
- Leggings (too thin to provide proper protection from brambles/nettles)
- Crocs or similar type footwear (soles do not provide adequate protection)
Feedback and Concerns
We encourage all participants and carers/parents to give us feedback about their experience at any of our Forest School/educational sessions. We actively encourage feedback about anything that has caused/is causing concern. Feedback and concerns can be given verbally, in person or by telephone, or in writing by email.
We aim to be as open, honest and as straightforward as possible with carers/parents in order to maintain a constructive two way flow of communication.